THE FOLLOWING RECEIVED FROM SUTHERLAND SHIRE COUNCIL..
The NSW Government has moved forward to Phase 1 of easing restrictions from Friday 15th May 2020.
At this stage the lifting of restrictions does NOT include community sport.
Whilst we are aware that the NSW Government has allowed gatherings of up to 10 people in outdoor spaces, it is understood until such time as a “Return to Play” implementation plan and guidelines have been endorsed by the Office of Sport ( for each individual sport) no organised training or competition is to take place.
Please also be aware that your sporting insurance may not cover those that train against advice.
Council is hopeful that over the coming weeks the NSW State Guidelines will be provided, a local guideline/implementation plan for each sport will be developed and we can work with each sport to transition training and start the season.
We will be working with your association and will continue to provide updates as and when the guidelines become avail...
The below information in from the Office of Sport:
The NSW Government notes that National Cabinet endorsed the Framework for Rebooting Sport in a COVID-19 Environment developed by the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) on Friday 1 May 2020.
The NSW Public Health Order signed on the 30th of March 2020, remains in force and prohibits exercise in groups of greater than two.
The NSW Government is considering these issues alongside other restrictions and will update the community should any changes to the Public Health Orders be made.
It is expected that further decisions will be made this forthcoming Friday (8 May) by the National Cabinet which is likely to then instigate a review by each State before ultimate decisions are made. We will keep you posted as definitive information comes to hand from the governments and/ or their Health Departments.
Football Federation Australia (FFA) today advised that after considered discussions with its State and Territory Member Federations and assessments of developments today, sanctioned grassroots football competitions and associated training would be suspended for the next four weeks.
The decision will take effect from 12:00am Wednesday, 18 March 2020 until Tuesday, 14 April 2020. The decision comes as the latest in a series of measures being introduced by the FFA to combat the ongoing spread of COVID-19. https://footballnsw.com.au
The safety, health and wellbeing of Como Jannali Football Club members, as well as the wider community, is paramount to our interests and we will provide all updates and pertinent information on our website and Facebook page.
All queries can be put forward to the executive committee regarding this matter.
The Annual General Meeting and the Coaches and Managers Meeting (scheduled for 18/03/2020) will be postponed until further notice due t...